With Temperatures at -20°F throughout a large area of North America there were a lot of questions regarding fuel additives. Fuel additives to prevent gelling should be added anytime the ambient temperature is below 32°F. Power Service is a popular manufacture of fuel additive and there are two different products available.
The “Red Bottle” is Power Service 911 and is to be used only when the fuel in a unit has been gelled. 911 is NOT to be used as a fuel additive that you would regularly put in the fuel tank to keep the fuel from gelling.
Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement + Cetane “White Bottle” is to be added to the fuel at each fill when the ambient temperature is below 30°F. This is the additive you should use on a regular basis during the winter months.
Diesel Fuel Supplement Benefits (White Bottle):
- Prevents fuel gelling in temperatures as low as – 40°F
- Equals performance of a 50/50 blend of No. 2 and No. 1 diesel fuels
- Lowers Cold-Filter Plugging Point (CFPP) as much as 36°F – keeps fuel-filters from plugging with wax
- Boosts cetane up to 4 numbers for faster cold starts
- Contains Slickdiesel® Lubricator for maximum fuel lubrication – protects pumps and injectors from accelerated wear
- Contains anti-icing additive – protects against fuel-filter icing
- Contains wax anti-settling dispersants – protects against fuel-filter plugging at temperatures below the fuel cloud point
- Disperses water in diesel fuel
- Effective in all diesel fuels, including Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) and biodiesel blends containing up to 20% biodiesel (B20)
This safety bulletin is brought to you by Idealease