State & DOT Inspections
Class D Inspection Station
Significant updates have been made to Commercial Vehicle Safety Inspections as of October 1, 2008, now called the Massachusetts Vehicle Check. In the past, commercial vehicles had to undergo two inspections. At present, the annual state safety inspection is equivalent to a U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) inspection, so both requirements are satisfied at once. In addition to paying $29.00 for the sticker, the vehicle owner is also charged a shop rate.
Massachusetts registered single, full, or semi-trailers that are used in commerce and have a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) over 3,000 lbs, and commercial vehicle/trailer combinations with a gross combined weight rating (GCVWR) of over 10,000 lbs will be subject to this new requirement, as will all heavy duty motor vehicles (over 10,000 lbs GVWR) and converter dollies.
Minuteman Trucks’ Massachusetts Vehicle Check Price
- Class 3-5: $75.00 ($35.00 Sticker + $40.00 DOT)
- Class 6-8: $100.00 ($35.00 Sticker + $65.00 DOT)
Minuteman is a Certified Class D Inspection Station
We inspect all commercial medium and heavy duty vehicles over 10,000 lbs. (GVWR). We also inspect all trailers, semi-trailers and converter dollies.
Chock Block Regulations
540 CMR 4.05: Procedures for Inspection of Commercial Motor Vehicles
(5) Chock Blocks. Every bus having a seating capacity of more than seven passengers, every truck weighing, unloaded, more than 4,000 pounds and every tractor, trailer, semi-trailer or combination which is not equipped with positive spring loaded, air parking brakes, shall be equipped with one pair of adequate safety chock blocks.
Massachusetts Vehicle Check
- Information for Motorists: Commercial Vehicles
- One Stop Shopping
- What if My Vehicle Failed Its Inspection?
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (DOT Regulations)